CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 28, 2008

An update my stay so far...





This is just a rough outline of what I've done so far:

The first part of my trip was wonderful. I spent a week traveling around a bit with dad. Our first encounter with reverse round abouts proved to be quite the challenge but we managed. We checked out Sydney and the Blue Mountains before venturing up to the tropical northern parts of Queensland. From Cairns we attempted to drive south past Whitsunday Islands to Brisbane. Unfortunately the weather had a bit of a different agenda for us. In our annoying, giant Ford rental car we followed all the other cars who felt that a posted road closure was not reason enough to stop driving. Well we learned the hard way that when they close roads for flooding the road it's for a reason. After a tense drive we made it back to Townsville and arranged for a flight to Brisbane the following day. We ended up spending a couple days near Noosa on the Sunshine Coast. The rain continued but lightened up a bit on our last day. After the travels dad ensured I was settled in Toowoomba before venturing home.


Weekend 1
Coolangata, Gold Coast
Julie and I went down to the southern end of the Gold Coast to watch the Rip Curl Pro Surfing Competition. We enjoyed the sun and blue-green ocean. Julie brought her huge rolling suitcase along for the weekend and it proved to be quite a pain. Stairs and the beach were serious obstacles for the beast (the name we gave her suitcase).

Weekend 2
Julie is my travel buddy so pretty much every weekend description is going to start with Julie and I. So with that Julie and I went down to Surfer's Paradise and stayed at the Marriott for 100 bucks a night. We were high rollin! We ate at Hard Rock Cafe and I took my first and only surf lesson. I was so excited, surfing has been on my list of things to do for so long. Surfer's was very urban, it was completely different than the southern part of the Gold Coast we had seen before.

Weekend 3
This weekend I went with all the American girls and my Canadian neighbor Ryan up to Coolum on the Sunshine Coast. After an epically long journey consisting of 3 buses and 2 trains we made it to our holiday condo. We went up to Noosa and swam and laid on the beach. The trip would have been a lot more enjoyable if one of the girls hadn't complained the whole time. She drove the rest of us crazy!

Weekend 4
at our favorite South Bank restaurant Toscani's. We eat there about every time we go toThe koalas and Kangaroos got a nice visit from Julie and I. We also found some gluten free pizza Brisbane now.

Weekend 5
Easter Weekend, Julie and I stayed at South Bank and the highlight of the trip was our excursion to Stradbroke Island for the day on Saturday. We went on a gorge walk along the ocean which was absolutely stunning.

Weekend 6
I took a break from the traveling and just stayed in Toowoomba.

Mid Semester Break had arrived-it definitely deserves its own post!








I miss all you guys at home, and I am having an amazing time. I hope you are too! Thanks mom and dad for everything! love you guys!




0 comments: