Hi everyone!
Well it sure has been awhile since I posted anything, I suppose it's time for an update. Someday I will write a detailed article on my mid-semester break a couple months ago. For now I'll just say I went with Julie to the Whitsundays, the highlight was when we went on a sailing trip and visited Whitehaven beach-people say the sand there is so white you need sunglasses even when the sun isn't out. It was a bit cloudy when we were there and the sand was super bright white so I believe the rumor. After Whitsundays we ventured across to New Zealand's south island, somewhere I had been wanting to go for ages. I got to go climbing at castle hill which was awesome and a bit scary and I ripped my pants while I was climbing so I made my tank top into an improv skirt for a bit before some guy lent me his extra pair of pants, thank goodness-he saved the day! After Christchurch, which was a pleasant little city, a very English style city, we rented a car and drove south through McKenzie country and on to Wanaka, Queenstown and Milford. It was a beautiful mountain filled trip with good food and good company and a great little rental car named lucy, jucy lucy to be exact.
Since the break I have been in school and I have done a bit of climbing on the weekends. mostly at a place in the glass house mountains called slider. It is a pretty cool crag except the hike in is a bit treacherous and the belay spots are on a 45 degree angle, hence the name slider. I climb with a few people who work at the gym in Brisbane, they are awesome and I enjoy our climbing excursions.
Most recently, my friend Marion was visiting and we went up to a scuba dive open water course. Due to a bit of claustrophobia Marion had to stop the class but I continued on and even cleared my snorkel mask at 6 meters under water-I freaked out a bit because I kept sucking water up my nose but I did it. I even saw a sea turtle, a few rays and some other cool, colorful fish. Marion held a crocodile, snake and Koala! While I wasn't diving we saw some pretty awesome sunsets during our stay on magnetic island, and we stayed at a cool little bungalow place where there were so many birds and they were soo loud, but they were the really pretty rainbow colored ones, I forgot the name.
After maggie, we went to Melbourne. Melbourne was a busy, cultural and very artsy city. The queen victory markets (largest open air market in the southern hemisphere) were fantastic, Julie and I had some epic bratwursts, one of our many great meals in Melbs. Dana also caught up with us for dinner and for an afternoon, it was interesting to hear about her study abroad experience in Melbourne.
Well that is what I've been up to, right now I'm getting ready for finals and starting to get psyched about my sis coming to vist.
case

Thursday, June 5, 2008
Posted by Casey at 6:44 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







2 comments:
Great blog update! I miss you and can't wait until I visit! We need to kinda go over our itinerary because flights from Brisban to Melbourne are like $500. I have budgeted $1500.00 for this trip, so let me know! You are thrifty and I trust your plans...just let me know! I love you!
oh man i wish i could come out and do all those cool things with you!!!!!! I miss you and i'm glad you get to have so many adventures
Post a Comment